Monday, July 21, 2008

Norton Removal Tool

I was trying to uninstall Norton Anti-virus from a Window's Vista laptop. I went through the normal add/remove programs and guess what...it didn't work! When I clicked on the uninstall it ran fine, looked like it was doing its job. I was about to find out that the uninstall doesn't work quite right. Apparently it leaves some pieces of the program behind. One of those pieces has something to do with the way the browser accesses the internet, I think something to do with the DNS, but not quite sure.

With the uninstall complete I couldn't access the internet using the browser. I could ping a site but that's about it. After getting over my initial frustration I did a bit of research and found the Norton Removal Tool. I downloaded it, ran it, and success! Everything seems to be working great. ****

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Oh goodness. THANK YOU SO MUCH for fixing my parents' computer!! You are a rockstar!