Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Izumi's Telling Me to Run Not Jog

I was flipping through the current issue of Runners Magazine and I came across this add for Pearl Izumi's running shoes. I found it inspiring and made me think of all the ways that running and working out helps with facing daily challenges. I know that the next time I'm about to keel over on the treadmill I will remember that hard work will be rewarded

"If you ran without sacrifice, congratulations. You just jogged. 'Running hurts. It always has ... Guess what? Running is still a bitch. But one with a purpose. It teaches us that good things do not come easy. It teaches us that we are capable of more than we think. It teaches us that hard work will be rewarded and laziness will be punished. Don't expect to learn those life lessons from running's shiftless stepchild, jogging. Next time you suffer on the roads or trails, suffer proudly'"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you:-)