Monday, August 11, 2008

Small Steps

I have decided that to achieve my goals everything must be taken one step at a time. I mean you can't just put on a pair of running shoes and expect to run a marathon. Food is a major problem for several reasons but most notably, it's everywhere, and I really think I am addicted to it. Laugh you may but seriously I think I'm addicted to it!

Most exercise programs recommend a level increase of about 10% a week, any more than that and you can get hurt. What if I apply this same method to dieting and eating? What if I slowly take something out of my diet every week? I'm excited to try!

I thought about this post and wrote half of it a couple of weeks ago. Below is a catch up of the last couple of weeks.

Week 1:
I am eliminating the Odwalla Orange Juice out of my daily routine. Somehow I have grown to really enjoy my Orange Juice in the morning but I realize that by taking it out I save 220 calories a day.

Week 2:
I have eliminated the extra squirt of syrup in my latte. I think I can do without the chocolate and the caramel. I have also eliminated a half a cup of milk and a cookie from my afternoon snack (Cookies are my weakness!). I really can't believe how much extra stuff I have a day. I've started to evaluate what I eat (shocked) and am excited to find new foods to eliminate.

Week 3:
I am into my second day of week three and have decided to eliminate cookies all together from my diet along with the bowl of cereal I've somehow started having after dinner.

1 comment: